Tuesday, March 27, 2012

One task, many interpretations

The Doing the Dishes series addresses a specific domestic task from many different perspectives. Some are my own, some are confused with outside expectations. I look at the parts of this series as ways to satirize my own roles in a domestic setting. Although I'd like to consider these roles to be self-determined internally defined, I still question where these definitions originate. 
I approach the task of doing the dishes and somewhere in the act, things get slightly confused, taking on another context.  Becoming the image of a woman allows me to ask, "What would she do?” “How would she approach this differently from me?” Midway through the action, something snaps and it becomes inappropriate in some way.

No comments:

Post a Comment