Monday, September 3, 2012

Some new thoughts

Happy Labor Day everyone!
Since graduation I have been spending a lot of time working (for the man), making back some of the funds I lost while not working in school. I have been asking myself the obvious questions: What now? What will I work on next? How will I cope with the "out there on your own" factor?
A new idea I want to explore with my work is my relationship to other people, especially people I am close with. The saying goes "you can never see yourself through someone's eyes." Since I like to approach seemingly unanswerable questions, I thought this would be a good place to start. I also really want to put underwear on the nude statues at my local museum. Pictures to follow soon, I hope.

1 comment:

  1. I thought this was chocolate.

    But really, your focus interests me because in working with my photography I feel the inter-relational narrative draining away. I like photographing architecture and when I'm on the street shooting, what i think of as, more abstract photography there a myriad of social interactions occurring. It's part of what makes me want to capture the moment.

    Sometimes a photograph can capture the nexus of the these and create a powerful statement. Sometimes I can generate my own story with an interplay of images or just the right frame. More often I find missing a narrative in the frame that forces one to project forward and backward in that frozen timeline, or set up a desire to see beyond the image bounds, that requires one enter the image; that which creates a provocative image, it has to encompass questions and statement about our relationships with the world and God and each-other.

    ReplyDelete