Saturday, February 26, 2011

The art of photographing ancestors

Here are some anecdotes from my recent photo sessions for the project.

Many ladies told me they had horrible profiles, and some of them asked me to "shave a little off the neck."

One man turned down the photo and then later told me in the hallway that he would let me photograph him. When I arrived at his apartment, he wasn't there.

I was turned away from one apartment because of a bad hairdo. I'll be back!

When I arrived at one apartment, the wife answered the door half dressed. They were getting ready for a funeral and forgot I was coming. She kept saying "come in, come in." I politely declined.

One woman insisted on putting makeup on and a new sweater. She looked fabulous!

More stories to come, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment